Results, Events and News page for 2021 Season
Hunstanton Croquet Club re-opened on 29th March 2021 for members who have renewed their subscriptions and have pre-booked lawns using the EACF-CBS (naming all players for NHS Track & Trace purposes). Please see details below.
Redecoration of the Clubhouse
The redecoration has been completed. Some additional work may be carried out later in the season.
Treasurer 26/03/2021 Updated 08/04/2021
Message from Chairman The text of this message has been emailed to all members and extra copies may be downloaded from this link: HUNSTANTON CROQUET CLUB Covid rules v2 22-03-2021
HUNSTANTON CROQUET CLUB – COVID Rules for use of Lawns
From 29 March 2021, UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, ALL MEMBERS MUST:-
- NOT go to the club if you are experiencing any symptoms of a cold or flu, in particular a cough or high temperature. Use the NHS helpline and seek advice. For your own protection, follow the advice about self-isolation if you are, or are living with, someone in one of the vulnerable groups.
- Observe COVID guidance from HMG & The Croquet Association, especially good hand hygiene, face coverings and social-distancing https://www.croquet.org.uk/?p=press/news&NewsID=7188&pup=y .
- Book lawns in advance using the EACF’s court booking system https://cbs.angliacroquet.uk/?club=13 . Additionally, a COVID QR code is displayed for track and trace purposes. These measures temporarily replace the need to sign-in using the paper diary.
- Maintain social distancing of 2 metres (i.e. 2 mallet lengths) at all times.
- Clean contact surfaces such as padlocks, keys and door handles before and after use, using the spray provided on the fence inside the gate. You may wish to use your own sanitisers and wipes.
- Wash or sanitise hands before and after play.
- Only 1 person to handle each piece of equipment, when setting out or taking in a lawn. The use of stop-boards between lawns is suspended.
- All equipment to be washed after use in the buckets provided using water from the outside tap under the kitchen window.
- Avoid using the toilets, if possible, and clean after use.
- The kitchen and bar are out of service, so if you need refreshments, please bring them with you and take any recycling or rubbish home with you.
Thank you for your assistance during these strange times.
If you have any questions please address them to email@example.com
Janet Kendal, Chairman, Hunstanton Croquet Club 22/03/2021
|Frequently Asked Questions|
|1. When is the Club re-opening?||The Club re-opened on Monday 29 March 2021, for pre-booked sessions using the EACF’s CBS https://cbs.angliacroquet.uk/?club=13 . Please ensure that names are correctly recorded for Covid Track & Trace purposes.|
|2. What needs to be done before re-opening?||Preparation and hoop setting work was completed on 22 March 2021. Our thanks to the volunteers who made this happen.|
|3. When will I be asked to pay my Annual Membership Subscription?||The Annual Newsletter, Calendar and accompanying forms were sent out on 5 March 2021. Subscriptions are due by 31 March 2021. Many have been received, but some are still outstanding. Exceptionally, the deadline for renewals has been extended to 30 April 2021.|
|4. How do I enter CA Tournaments?||Use the CA-TES to view the status of Tournaments and make bookings on-line. In the event of cancellation, re-scheduling or withdrawal this makes the administration and finance easier for you and us.|
|5. Will I be able to play with my friends?||Your Committee is continuing to monitor guidance from HMG and the CA. We will provide further details in due course. However, we expect to be hand washing, social distancing and mask wearing well into 2021. In the short-term we will suspend ‘Club Afternoons’ and ‘Turn-up and Play’. You will be able to pre-book time on lawns by making use of the EACF’s Court Booking System. Details were issued with the March Newsletter and many of you have already registered as users of that system.|
|6. How do I find someone to play with?||You can find a list of Hunstanton Croquet Club Members on the CA’s website in the CA Directory in the Members’s Area. Use your registered email address as your user ID and then log in. If you have not previously done so then use might find the following guide helpful: How to find a playing partner using the Hunstanton Croquet Club MDB on The CA Website .|
|7. What arrangements are being made for the AGM postponed from October 2020?||It is likely that the lost season of 2020 will be reported upon at the AGM in 2021. In the meantime the Committee, elected at the AGM in 2019 with 3 co-opted replacements, will continue to manage the Club on your behalf.|
|8. Who should I contact if I have any further questions?||General enquiries to Chairman. Membership & Tournament enquiries to Treasurer.|
Treasurer: Amended 23/03/2021 & 01/04/2021 & 03/04/2021.
Message from Chairman
This is a brief note to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year for 2021. We would normally have sent out an Annual Newsletter in December with a Calendar of events for the forthcoming year, inviting you to renew your membership and enter club competitions, etc. However, as there is so much uncertainty at the moment, we think it would be wiser to delay this until the new year. We may then have a clearer idea of what level of activity will be possible. In the meantime some winter maintenance works are in progress and we have submitted a full programme of AC and GC tournaments for inclusion in the CA’s Fixtures Book for 2021. These can be viewed on the CA’s website. Until we can resume play, please stay safe. If you have any comments or suggestions please contact Janet Kendal, Chairman, Hunstanton Croquet Club by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 01485 533551.
Posted by Treasurer 24/12/2020
This page was last reviewed 29/03/2021 and updated on 03/04/2021